Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving weekend started in Tallahassee. We drove up Wednesday night and had dinner at Missy's (we will call that Thanksgiving #.5). Thursday morning, bright and early, I ran in the turkey trot 5k. The weather was really nice and there were a TON of people there!
Before the race

 Ready to go!
 
 There I am finishing
 
 The time is a minute or 2 off because of the big bottleneck we encountered in the beginning. We came to almost a complete stop, then had to walk really slowly until the turn where the road got wider.
 
 The diaper cake I made for Nicki's disney-themed shower
 



 Just playing around
 
 Bailey sneaks a kiss
 



Thursday evening- Thanksgiving #1 at the Gorins. This year instead of football, the guys played croquet.






 I give it a try
 

 They were required to do a victory dance when they finished
 
 The players
 

 The cheerleaders
 
 My little man gets a lot of attention
 

 But he is still a momma's boy :)
 


 
 Ready to eat!
 
 Mmm! Jake had turkey, pumpkin, and sweet potato
 
 Stairs. His favorite.
 

 Big meal = tired boys
 
The next day- Friday. I woke up super early and was at the mall at 6am for black friday shopping! I actually had a bet with my mom because she didn't think I would get up and leave the house by 5:30 (I guess she has forgotten how much I love to shop??). Well, I won and she bought Jake his Pottery Barn Kids chair (pictures to come). Thank GOODNESS I didn't lose- I would have had to clean up after the shower all by myself, with all the ladies directing me!

Anyways, Friday afternoon was Nicki's baby shower.
 The hostesses
 
 The food was so yummy
 
 Opening her gifts
 










 The "kids"
 
 The hostesses and the moms
 
 Nicki and the grandmas-to-be
 

Friday evening- Thanksgiving #2 at the Reisers
 My matching boys
 

 Sean and Jacob blessing the bread together
 








 His Thanksgiving book - Missy's cats gave this to me at my shower LAST Thanksgiving
 
 If there are stairs, he will find them!
 
 Discussing what we are thankful for (Jacob wrote on his- "bananas, Sophie, boobies". Somehow everyone guessed it was his right away??)
 
 relaxing
 

 Ashly talks to Baby Shamis
 




 twinkle twinkle
 
 So big!
 

 
 group hug
 





Saturday. Lindsay and Jay visit

Sean and I went to the Ale house with Sarah, Lindsay and Jay while Jake went with my parents to the Coopers to watch the game. Then we went to the Coopers to get him, say goodbye to everyone and head back to Orlando.





Sunday- Thanksgiving #3 at the Toole's house







 Jacob with Emmy
 
 Eating his dinner
 


A first tonight- Jacob took off his bib by himself. He just decided he didn't want it on anymore, and took it off.
 Going...
 
 going...
 
 going....
 
 going...
 
 going...
 
 GONE!
 

With Uncle Conor

No comments:

Post a Comment