Monday, June 14, 2010

Catching up

I have been a bad blogger :( 5 months have gone by and I have not written one post about the baby, except for his birth story. So why now, you ask? Well, I have photos I need to edit, 80 hours of CPE to do in the next 2 weeks, the house needs cleaning, and I have some Father's Day presents to work on before the weekend. So naturally it was the perfect time to embark on a new project!

I want to write a blog about my family and I want to keep up with it. Everyone who talks to me about Jacob says the same thing- "It goes by so quickly!". I want to record memories of everything he does when he is little. Memories of the "big" things like the trips we take and all his milestones, but also memories of the smaller things- playing in his room, bath time, going to play group to see his "friends", music class, interacting with the animals, trips to the park, the list goes on. I want to include lots of pictures and one day make this blog into a book for Jacob, and also for Sean and I so we can look at it and remember what it was like when he was small. 

So now, to put the past 5 months into one post (bear with me, this may take a while!).

Week 1

Sean stayed home from work as we adjusted to life as a family of 3. It was hectic but wonderful :)

Bailey LOVES Jacob. She would not leave his side, and every time she heard him cry in his bedroom she went running in there.





Jacob's bris- 1/11/2010

Friends and family gathered at our house to help us celebrate this special occasion.


 My Grandparents, Aunt and Uncle traveled all the way from South Florida to be with us

My sister traveled all the way from Gainesville


Jacob with my Aunt Audrey
We thought this glass would be appropriate for the wine
My Dad did a wonderful service. He also performed the circumcision but I opted not to take pictures of that. Or be in the room. And I just may have been covering my ears....and crying a little.... but onto happier things, one more picture of the service
Friends that came to help celebrate (I know a few of you were there and didn't make it into this picture- we love you all and thank you for being there!)
My parents stayed for a week following the bris, since Sean had to go back to work.
Leaving Jacob for the first time, to go to Shannon and Tom's wedding. He stayed with my parents and they said he did great and took his bottle like a champ!


Tummy time

*I will continue to add to this post, as it is too much to do in one night!






















1 comment:

  1. Deb you are doing an amazing job with Jacob!!! When it's my turn I will be coming to you with a million questions. I love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete