Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Jacob!

January 4, 2010

January 4, 2011
What a difference a year makes!

Sean and I have decided that every year, on Jacob's birthday, we will write him a letter. Here is mine:

Dear Jacob,
   What an incredible year this has been. Last year at this time, we were just getting to know each other in the hospital. You had only been here a few hours, but we were already so in love with you. Daddy stayed home from work for a week and we bonded, just the three of us, getting used to our new family of three.
   You have brought us so much joy over this past year. I can't get over how much you have changed and grown. I am sad to be losing my baby, but Daddy is excited that you are growing up. He calls you his little buddy. There are so many things I want to remember as you start your second year of life:

-You can do "so big", twinkle twinkle, the milk sign, wave, and clap. When we ask for one of those you will do it, usually followed by the rest of them!
- You are starting to try and feed yourself with the spoon. When you eat finger foods, you like to feed them to the dog!
-Stairs are your favorite.
-So are bananas. And yogurt. And any kind of fruit, really. When you see a fruit cup, you shriek with excitement!
-You love cruising the furniture and are very close to walking. And talking. But for now it is just "ba ba ba"
-You love balls, cars, and trains.
-You love your bath, especially since we have started using the big bath tub. Most of the time Daddy gives you your bath and he really enjoys your time together.
-You are always "sharing" your toys with me- handing me blocks and other things. Sometimes your food as well.
-When music comes on, you dance. It is the cutest thing ever!

   Jacob, I feel so blessed to have you. I have thoroughly enjoyed this year with you and I can't wait to see what the next one brings! I love you!

Love,
Mommy



So today, for his actual birthday, Bubbe and I took him to Amaya Papaya, which is a place that has lots of different toys for babies to play with. I think he enjoyed it!

 He LOVED these stairs!


 Grocery shopping with Bubbe. We need some grapes.
 
 Tasting the produce to make sure it is fresh
 
 Lets get some celery....
 
 ...and off we go!
 

 Let me just pop this in the microwave
 
 Fish, anyone? I will fry it in this frying pan
 

 back to the stairs
 
 He loved the sandbox
  
 He kept moving sand from one container to the other!
 
 No Jacob! Don't eat it! (he tried. several times. which is funny because out of all the times he has been to the beach, he never tried to eat the sand there!)
 


 Staring at Bubbe as he slowly brings the sand to his mouth...haha
 

 Mommy plays
 


 "Give Bubbe some sand"
 



 He laughed every time he went down the slide
 
 Mirror fun
 
 There's that kid again!
 




And ultimately....
 ...back to the stairs
 
 clap clap!
 

 For dinner I brought out the items I forgot to use at his birthday party- the bib and the banner for the high chair
 
Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment