Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Things I don't want to forget

Jacob is amazing me with all the things he is doing nowadays. He is so much fun. When he picks up his toy phone or my cell phone, he holds it to his ear. He knows where his bellybutton is and can point to his foot when I ask. When I hand him his hairbrush, he brushes his hair (well, he tries!). Same with his comb. He does twinkle twinkle little star and the itsy bitsy spider. Except he does the itsy bitsy spider with one hand. He does "so big". When he is playing he loves to hand me things. When he is in a ball pit, he will hand me all the balls. When he is in his high chair, he holds his food out to Bailey and giggles when she takes it out of his hand. When she is laying on the floor, he will crawl up to her and lay his head down on her! I must get a picture of this! It is so sweet. When I put him in his car seat, he picks up the chest buckle and tries to buckle it! Then he points to the light at the top of the car. Whenever I ask him where the light is (anywhere we are), he points up to it. He uses his whole hand to point instead of one finger! He loves fruit and yogurt and gets very excited and starts squealing when he sees either one!

He finally said a word! Dada! And now he says it all the time. And when he is in his crib annoyed that we aren't getting him, it becomes daDA! da-DAAA!

He is SO close to walking. He can walk with just one of my fingers all day. But the second I take it away, he leans back and falls onto his bottom and crawls away. According to the pediatrician who saw him at his 12 month visit- "This boy can walk. He just doesn't want to". I hope he wants to soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment