Sunday, July 11, 2010

First night of solids!

I have mixed feelings about this night. In a way I am sad- this ends our 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding. I loved this phase. It was so easy. Nothing to think about, no need to plan ahead. As long as I was nearby, food was ready and available! But, we can't do this forever (or so I am told). So I am starting to get excited for all the wonderful foods Jacob will get to try! At the recommendation of our pediatrician, we are starting with rice cereal mixed with breastmilk. I prepared it according to the can and it was very watery. This will ease him into the thicker consistency of solid foods.



Holding his spoon, ready to eat!

First bite....

Not too sure

Still not sure


Loves it! Eventually he started smiling every time the spoon came towards him


nom nom nom







First solid feeding = success

5 comments:

  1. Yeah Jake. Mommy, put a bib on me next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that is awesome!!! No bib? Brave!! =) BM doesn't stain though, so you're lucky. I highly recommend bibs when you start other things though.

    ReplyDelete