Saturday, October 9, 2010

Date night/dog park/Jake's first shoes

Due to technical difficulties (Blogger!), I am a bit behind on the blog. So this will be a few posts combined into one!

First, date night. It was Sean's turn and he decided we would make our own sushi. He did a great job and did not leave out a single detail- right down to the pineapple sake (YUM!).

 Everything set up and ready to go!
 





Sean messed up on this one- the seaweed wasn't big enough. So he had to eat it like this!
It was a great date night, we had a lot of fun making our sushi and it tasted amazing as well!

Thursday morning it was cool and beautiful out, so Jacob, Bailey and I headed to Baldwin park to walk around the lake. Afterward we relaxed on the grass and I was once again reminded that I have the sweetest dog in the whole world. Next time we do this I will bring the nice camera!
 Mid-walk

So, when we got to the dog park I had to let Bailey go in for a bit. I just walked the stroller right down to the lake. Usually when I take Bailey there (without Jacob), I let her off the leash and she takes off and pretty much forgets I am there until I call her when it is time to go. But this time, she stayed right by us. When I said "Bailey, go play!" she would run off and play for about 30 seconds, and come straight back to us. This is very unusual Bailey/dog park behavior! It took me a few minutes to figure out what was going on, but I think she was being protective of Jacob!
 
 Blogger always flips my pictures :(
 








 Bailey is always trying to sneak in a kiss!
 



So, after we relaxed at the lake we went in a few stores. One store was a children's shoe store that was going out of business- every pair was 50% off! I figure Jacob will be taking steps soon so he will need some shoes for when we are out in public (I plan to keep him barefoot at home and whenever I can). I bought 2 pairs- one pediped, and one robeez. Both are highly recommended as first shoes (they are soft-soled, which is the next best thing to bare feet/socks). When we got home I tried them on him because, being the very best in infant footwear, of course he will love them, right?
 


 "What in the devil are these things on my feet??"
 
 "Ok mom...pretty funny...lets take these off now"
 
 "Why.are.these.still.ON.MY.FEET??"
 
 "If mom won't help, maybe I can get them off by myself?"
 
 "hmmm they appear to be stuck"
 

 "oh no! no no no! They aren't coming off!"
 
 "Mom why are you laughing? Can't you see I'm miserable?"
 
 "Off with you shoes! OFF!"
 
 "No I do NOT like these any better!"
 
 "Say WHAT? You want me to wear these outside the house too?"
 
Friday- Kindermusik. Daddy came to watch our class on his lunch break!

 Jacob was the highest rocketship that day!
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! Your dog is too cute and looks in love with Jacob!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The captions on the shoe photos are cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete